Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Garber's Teleconference: My Thoughts

First off, in case you wanted a link, here it is.

Don Garber wants to defend the MLS's players, teams, and owners, and he cites accountability... he criticizes US national team coach Jurgen Klinsmann for his comments against MLS. He claims that MLS and US soccer are one, but that is not true whatsoever. Klinsmann can call in any eligible player he wants, and, per the USSF Pro Division Guidelines, any US club must release players for US duty. So, I don't understand how Don Garber can get away with the comments he made. Don Garber is the commissioner of MLS, so he is doing his job well in that context, but the United States Soccer Federation is more important in my opinion, and MLS is (as I've described in my previous blog) a company that runs its league like a business, not like a soccer league from anywhere else in the world. Honestly, I think that Garber should be made to apologize for his asinine comments toward our US soccer ehad coach/technical director.

No comments:

Post a Comment