Saturday, November 22, 2014

My Fox World Cup 2018 Announcing Team

As the news trickles in about recent contract discussions with Lalas, Twellman, and McBride, here is my dream team for the 2018 World Cup: (assuming all contracts are up)

Studio Hosts
Bob Ley, Gary Lineker, Rebecca Lowe
Studio Analysts
Alexi Lalas, Gary Neville, Michael Ballack, Tim Howard, Franz Beckenbauer, Robbie Earle, Robbie Mustoe, Kyle Martino, Colin Udoh, Mario Kempes
Sideline Reporters
Geoff Skelling, Monica Gonzalez, Landon Donovan
Announcing Teams
Ian Darke/Steve McManaman (A team; used for all US games)
Jon Champion/Craig Burley (B team)
John Strong/Graeme le Saux (Overflow team for the times when there are 3 WC games/day)

Announcing teams are no-brainers. Darke/Macca for their years of experience commentating EPL games to a US audience. Champion is (I think) the B guy for Sky, and I wanted to pair him up with someone with whom he has good chemistry, and I wanted the American voice as a 3rd wheel.

As for everyone else, I think this gives a nice worldly perspective on the tournament with lots of Americans.

Let me know what you guys think of this World Cup dream team.

No comments:

Post a Comment