Tuesday, April 14, 2015

No NASL Week 2 Recap coming; Will Have Week 3, and more

I think this will be obvious to anyone who has been looking for it, there will be no NASL Week 2 recap post as I was extremely busy this past weekend (more on where I was on Sunday later). I plan on doing a recap for week 3, and probably a preview if time permits.

Now, I was at Ridley Athletic Complex to watch a spring soccer game on Sunday, where Loyola played Penn State, a game in which the Nittany Lions were heavily favored to win, even though it doesn't matter. The game contained very ugly soccer and lots of referee mistakes, but Loyola scored a goal in the second half (can't clearly remember the minute) and never looked back from there. There were lots of defensive frailties on both sides and some miscommunication between Loyola's midfielders when one took the ball off the other after he won the ball, then proceeded to lose the ball almost immediately.

The Hounds have 2 more spring games, both on Friday; a doubleheader, first against Howard University at 5PM followed by the alumni game. I was going to live tweet the game on Sunday, but Ridley does not have a WiFi connection to which I have access.

So, that's what I was doing, and I hope you can forgive me for not providing some promised content.

No comments:

Post a Comment